The Western Aquatic Plant Management Society will be hosting it’s 37th annual meeting on March 26-28, 2018, at the Grand Sierra Resort in Reno, Nevada. This call for papers is an invitation for all members to participate in the program by presenting a paper or poster.
Oral presentations will be limited to 20 minutes in length, which includes 3-5 minutes to respond to questions from the audience. You can submit your abstract online at www.wapms.org until January 31, 2018.
Abstract Requirements: Please submit abstracts ready for publication according to the guidelines below. No edits will be made by WAPMS.
- All abstracts should be no more than 400 words or 3,000 characters whichever is less.
- Use only the active ingredient (a.i.) for herbicides and avoid the use of trade names.
- Use common names, as well as Latin names, of weeds and other plants. No abbreviations, please.
- You must include the presentation title, author(s) name, author(s) affiliation, and email(s).
Oral Presentation Requirements:
- Oral presentations should be created in PowerPoint for MS Windows. Please limit the size of your presentation to less than 10 MB.
- Audio/Video clips should be short in length and total no more than 60 seconds per presentation.
- All pictures must be compressed.
- Oral presentations will be allotted a 20-minute time slot, which includes 3-5 minutes for questions from the audience.
- Multiple presentations by an author can be accommodated if the program schedule allows.
- All oral presenters must register to attend the meeting. Registration information can be found at www.wapms.org/events.
- Each poster should fit within 48 inches by 48 inches of display board space.
- Titles, headings, regular text, graphs, and tables on the poster should be easily read from a distance of 5 to 6 feet.
- Poster set up will occur on Monday evening, March 26, 2018, beginning at 4pm, in or near the exhibit hall.
- Posters must be removed from display by noon on Wednesday, March 28, 2018.
- WAPMS will not be responsible for the removal or shipping of any materials or posters that are not claimed by the close of the conference on March 28, 2018.
- Presentations will be downloaded directly to session computers at the annual meeting.
- Your session moderator will be responsible to assist you with this process. Please coordinate with your moderator or the program chair 24-48 hours prior to your scheduled presentation time to assure adequate time for file downloading.
- MS PowerPoint (.PPS file) is the required file format.
Please direct all questions to your program chair: