2024 Call for Papers
42nd Annual Meeting
Western Aquatic Plant Management Society
The Western Aquatic Plant Management Society (WAPMS) 42nd annual meeting will be held March 18th to March 20th, 2024 at the Tropicana in Las Vegas, Nevada. This call for papers is an invitation for all members to participate in the program by presenting a paper and/or poster.
Oral presentations will be limited to 20 minutes in length, which includes 3-5 minutes to respond to questions from the audience. Title and abstract submission open October 15th, 2023.
Topics of interest for Oral Presentations and Poster Boards FOR WAPMS may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Effects of climate change on aquatic invasive species (AIS)
- New herbicide/algaecide products for the control of aquatic weeds and algae
- Research related to the control mechanisms of aquatic herbicides/algaecides on plant biology
- Control of aquatic weeds/algae in irrigation canal systems
- Integrated approach to the management of AIS
- Innovations in the prevention and/or early detection and management of AIS
- Socio-economic impacts of AIS
- Resilience of ecosystems to biological invasions
Please submit abstracts ready for publication according to the guidelines below. No edits will be made by WAPMS.
- All abstracts should be 400 words or less.
- Use only common or coded names of herbicides. No trade names, please.
- Use common names, as well as Latin names of weeds and other plants. No abbreviations.
- You must include the presentation title, author(s) name, author(s) affiliation and email(s).
- MS Word is the preferred file format. Please do not submit PDF format documents.
Oral Presentation Format:
- Oral presentations should be created in PowerPoint for MS Windows. Please limit the size of your presentation to less than 10MB.
- Audio clips should be short in length and all pictures must be compressed.
- Oral presentations will be allotted a 20-minute time slot, which includes 3-5 minutes for questions.
- Multiple presentations by an author can be accommodated if the program schedule allows.
- All oral presenters must register to attend the meeting. Registration information can be found at www.wapms.org.
- Each poster should fit within 48 inches by 48 inches of display board space.
- Titles, headings, regular text, graphs, and tables on the poster should be easily read from 5 to 6 feet.
- WAPMS will not be responsible for the removal or shipping of any materials or posters that are not claimed by the close of the conference.
- Presentations will be uploaded directly to the program via the submission website.
- The moderator for each session will be responsible for introducing each speaker and moderating Q&A following the talk.
- Please coordinate with your moderator or the program chair 24-48 hours prior to your scheduled talk.
- MS PowerPoint is the required file format.
PLEASE DIRECT ALL QUESTIONS TO YOUR PROGRAM CHAIR